Friday, July 01, 2011

Less Full

I have officially survived five days and four nights without my boys, who were gone all week at scout camp. It was a strange thing to be home alone (well, alone with the cats) for that long.

Filling up the dishwasher and the kitchen trash can was a challenge. I only ran the dishwasher once, and the only reason I took the garbage out was because the truck was coming.

Filling up my time was less of a challenge, but without as many distractions, I found myself noticing unusual things. Like when I got home from my run the other day, I still had my ipod earphones in, and as I got a drink of water I noticed the funny little solar dancing plant my neighbor gave me dancing in time to the music in my ears.

And yeah, if I hadn't been alone all week, I probably wouldn't have taken the time to make a video of it. I'm sure glad the boys are coming back tonight!

2 comments:

Kazzy said...

I have one of those dancin flowers too! Alone time is good, but yay for returning boys!

Robin said...

We have one of those flowers, too. Now, if you can just figure out to to make it hold up the lighter.