Thursday, July 14, 2011

37 Fish

Jack got the fishing poles out for the gang today. Me? I retired from fishing a few years ago after several unfortunate incidents.

I'm so glad that Jack is old enough to take care of it all himself (though it's important that he knows he is the only person in this world I was willing to put a worm on a hook for). It was nice to have all that fishing going on and not be involved with it for the first time in a long time.


Between them, they caught 32 fish, including a fairly large one named Steve--the largest fish we've ever caught here at the lake. Apparently they named each one of them before letting them go. Most of the names they came up with were from Harry Potter (as they mourned the fact that we failed to get tickets to the midnight showing of Harry Potter 7 Part 2 tonight).


After all 32 fish were back in the drink, the five kids jumped in, too.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I love it when my kids hit an age of independence with something new. Fishing would be a big one for me, if I'd ever been in charge of it.

Cute picture of your boy!