Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Last Day

There is nothing new about being sad to leave the lake every summer. I'm going to suspend my blogging project today to revel in my favorite memories about our last day, which I was so busy enjoying I forgot to get my camera out.
  • Perfect weather. Hot enough but not too hot. Sunshine and blue sky. A good wind.
  • Taking a morning walk on the shore path.
  • Doing yoga on the point with my sister Maryann.
  • Sailing with Uncle Tom and Aunt Sandra who were up for the day.
  • Enjoying the flowers Roger sent to me for my birthday and our anniversary (today :-).
  • Watching Jack and cousins Jordan and Oliver jump to my rescue when I lost my (cheap) sunglasses in the lake upon diving in. Oops. They didn't find them, but I was very impressed with their chivalry.
  • Visiting with everyone one last time.
Good, good times. Until next year!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Happy anniversary.

I'm glad you had such a good time, sorry vacations have to end, and a little jealous of how much you enjoy your family.

Safe trip home!