Saturday, July 23, 2011

Reoutfitted and Reunioned

Not much happened according to plan today. I thought I got to the airport in plenty of time to catch a flight this morning, but I was too late to get a seat on a plane I thought I already had a seat on.

I ended up taking a flight almost six hours later.

And I managed to make it to my high school reunion, the very first one I've ever attended.

I even had time to stop at a store to buy a new outfit (a lovely deep purple linen shirt and a pair of slate gray linen capris). I wasn't really happy with the shirt I bought the other day and the new linen shirt didn't really work with the full black skirt. But I did wear the lacy green tank underneath!

It's so funny that I stressed so much about what to wear, but I wanted to feel confident and comfortable. You know, the opposite of how I felt most days in high school!

It was a good night. I'm glad it all came together in the end so I could reminisce with Billy about being his spelling partner in third grade and with Michelle about eating giggle noodle soup. I loved learning that Linda is a kindergarten teacher, that Donna served in the Air Force, that Leslie lives in Norway, and that Liz is reinventing her life by going to law school in the fall. And it was fun finding out how many classmates ended up together, especially Mike who confessed he had a crush on Erin since the seventh grade and finally got to marry her 13 years later.

1 comment:

Robin said...

It sounds like a lovely outfit. I'm glad you were able to find something you could be comfortable in so that you could relax and enjoy your classmates.

Sheesh! What a mess with the flight. How frustrating.