Thursday, July 07, 2011

Taking Off Part Two

Jack and I are off to our family's lake house in Wisconsin! I'm posting this now because I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again, and I don't want to miss a day if I can help it.

My biggest adventure so far today was filling out my time sheet for my new job for the first time. I thought it would be a quick stop. Grab a time sheet and fill it out. Turns out I need to do it online in a spreadsheet, then print it out and staple my punch card to it (my first job that requires me to stamp a punch card when I come and go!). It took four computers before we found one that had the right combination of software, security access and computing power. And as we traipsed around the jail in search of computers, we had to go through doors that needed to be opened by a remote security guard somewhere. Phew!

Now that I've been through the process, the next one will be easy.

3 comments:

Uncle John said...

I bet Jack thought being in jail was way cool!

Margy said...

I'm thinking bringing Jack to work with me might be just a little bit frowned upon :)

Robin said...

I sure am glad they let you out.