Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Wish Granted

Today was the kind of day that can run me ragged, especially if I don't plan ahead very well. Car in for repairs, appointments that aren't timed very well, making Jack hang out and wait while I have meetings, lots of heat and not enough cold water to drink. That sort of thing. I accomplished what I needed to, but collapsed on the couch after picking Roger up from work and getting the car from the shop.

Once I regrouped, I decided to treat myself by taking a treat to my friend Shelley and her family. As I drove to her house, I thought, "I wish I had a big basket on my bike so I could have ridden it over instead."

Shelley lives in the old part of town where the streets are laid out on a neat grid and many of the houses have lots of character. Front porches, picket fences, and small gardens stuffed with blooms. It's a perfect neighborhood for bike riding.

When I got to her house, she said, "I have to show you what Trevor surprised me with for our anniversary!" And then she let me take it* on a long happy ride around her neighborhood!


*Technically this is a picture of a bike that looks almost just like Shelley's. It's even the right color. I nipped it from someone's online listing. Isn't it awesome?

2 comments:

AlyD said...

I had the use of a vintage Schwinn beach cruiser one summer during college. Bliss! Happy pedalling!

Robin said...

That is such an awesome bike. I am jealous.