Monday, July 18, 2011

There and Back Again

The real voyage of discovery consists not in
seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
--Marcel Proust

While we were waiting for some good friends to arrive from Omaha to stay in the little cottage next door (a cottage which has gotten a surprising amount of coverage in this blog over the past few days), I decided to hike a few miles on the shore path to Black Point and I arranged with Dad and Jack to pick me up there in the sailboat.

Here's the shore path as I emerged from the little stretch of woods on our property.


Here's one of the most impressive gardens along the way.


And here's the path as I reached Black Point, which is being protected from further development.


Here is the able crew, picking me up right on schedule!


Shortly after I took the picture above, the wind picked up dramatically, Dad took the tiller, and we had a wild and wet ride home.

Here's just a little taste:

4 comments:

Robin said...

What a beautiful walk you had. And heroic recuers.

Uncle John said...

I miss sailing!

Cindy said...

Looks like it got a bit rough like the time tim went sailing on the lake. When did you get a sailboat?

Margy said...

Hi Cindy! It's the MC we've had forever (I am trying to learn how to rig it so I can sail it when my dad isn't here - I am mechanically challenged and have to relearn every summer!).

And John, try to get yourself back out on the water! It's so good for the soul.