Monday, July 25, 2011

Composite

Another early morning after a late, late night. My sister Linda picked me up at 8:00 and we met up with her real estate agent in Stoneham. Linda has been teaching third grade there for four years and is thinking about trading her 45-minute commute for a house in town.

We visited six properties and at the end of it all we mostly wished we could combine all of the best features of each house. The yard from the first house, the airy kitchen of the second house, the upstairs laundry room of the third house (as opposed to all of the laundry rooms in creepy basements), the amazing woodwork in the fourth house, the overall feel of the inside of the fifth house, all at the price of the sixth house (pictured above).

In the afternoon my mom, my sisters, and I got on a flight to Milwaukee and we are now all settled in at the Lake Geneva cottage. Linda plans to process the house hunting expedition over a relaxing week on the water. Sounds like a wise way to make wise decisions.

1 comment:

Robin said...

That does sound like a great way to make a decision.

For a minute there I thought you might be announcing a possible move. Whew! That was close.