Friday, July 08, 2011

The Line

We're heading to Nebraska today and will be spending the night at an old friend's house. I met Kim, who lived a couple of towns away, in high school at a cast party for a musical. It must have been a cast party for The Music Man, the only musical I was ever in. Or maybe I got invited to a cast party for a musical at her high school because I had other friends there. So funny I can't exactly remember! Maybe Kim will.

I generally have a very bad memory. Although I do remember that I was at a party at Kim's house when a boy delivered one of the funniest lines I've heard. He offered to drive me home from the party and when I said I didn't need one because I was spending the night at Kim's, he said, "Well, then, I can bring you back!"

Kim and her husband have one son who is just a year older than Jack. Maybe the two of them will hit it off today and 30 years from now they'll cross paths again on a long road trip! (And maybe they'll have trouble remembering the details of how they met, too . . . )

1 comment:

Robin said...

Funny you mention memory. I was just yesterday thinking about something from my past and having so much trouble remembering the details.

At least you remembered the line. That was worth it.