Sunday, July 24, 2011

Alfresco

I started this daily blogging project to help me find adventure in my every day life. Today exceeded my expectations.

After far too little sleep, I got up this morning and drove to Providence, Rhode Island, to meet my sister Maryann and her friend Amy, who lives here:


As soon as I pulled up in front of her house and saw the front garden, I knew I was going to like Amy. And I did.

The three of us spent the afternoon riding bikes along the East Bay Bike Path for about 15 miles along the shore, 30 miles round trip with lots of fun stops along the way.



After we turned in our bikes at the rental place (slightly late), we hopped in the car and drove to a beach for refreshing dip.


Then back to Amy's house, where their friend Sheela joined us and we cooked up pizzas on the grill (one with caramelized onions and goat cheese and one with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil pesto).


Which we ate in Amy's magical backyard.


New friends, fresh air, invigorated bodies, salt water, a happy house, tasty food, laughing far into the night.

I will sleep well.

2 comments:

Robin said...

What a beautiful home. It sounds like a lovely day.

Kazzy said...

After recently returning from an eastern vacay with bike rides along the shore, this post made me so nostalgic and now I WANT TO GO BACK EVEN MORE!!!!

Glad you are having such a fab time!