Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Second Test

Technically, this happened yesterday, but writing about Jack was my priority.

I headed here for my very first drug screen:


I imagine I don't need to describe what they needed from me. They should have the results in 24-48 hours, and then I should get a call with my start date.

The nice part was chatting with the woman who took care of me. I had to provide my social security number, and she perked up when she saw that it begins with a zero. Here in the west that's pretty rare. It turned out that she also had a social security number that begins with a zero. I was born in Massachusetts; she was born in New Hampshire. We had fun swapping our stories about how we ended up here in Utah.

2 comments:

AlyD said...

When I was in college, our SSN's were on ID, which we'd use to check in at the dorm cafeteria. One of the workers would try to guess where we were from based on the first three digits of the number. I guess that's more difficult to do now...I don't think the numbers are as regional as they used to be?

Robin said...

I'm guessing you expect to pass.

Best wishes in your new advanture.