Friday, May 13, 2011

Minds Will Soar

Note: This post was meant to go up yesterday (May 12) but Blogger was down.

As a member of the Library Board, I had the opportunity to tour the new library today! It is thrilling to see this new library come to fruition, and I think Springville will be a stronger community for it.

We are so lucky that we already have an amazing library despite the leaky, deteriorating, impossible-to-temperature-control space it is crammed into right now. Did you know that Springville Library recently beat Orem and Provo as best library in Utah County in a vote by Daily Herald readers?

Just imagine the possibilities that will be unleashed when the new library opens!

I believe so strongly in the concept of public libraries, which provide access to a wealth of information and knowledge to all citizens, regardless of their means. I also believe strongly in the power of beautiful architectural design to elevate our spirits and minds. I am thankful for all of the people who share these beliefs and are helping to make it possible.

We are an aspiring, forward-thinking people who are destined to achieve great things!




2 comments:

Robin said...

Thank you SO much for taking pictures. I positively drool whenever I drive by. Can't wait.

Oo. I get shivers just thinking about it. Love the library!

Jenna Holm said...

Hot damn!