Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Out with the Old, In with the New

Thought it was about time to get some new shoes if I'm going to be serious about getting in shape for a 5k at the end of the month.

The shoes I've been using are literally older than Jack. Yeah. Not so good for the feet.
In fact, I probably should have invested in better shoes than I did today for the sake of my feet (and knees, and hips, and back), but I'm still reeling from the outsized bill I paid to reclaim our cats from the vet this afternoon.

Why is it that we humans are inclined to invest more in our loved ones than we invest in ourselves? This might be part of the answer: I read a review just today of Tom Shadyac's new documentary I Am, which sounds intriguing (do take a couple of minutes and watch the trailer). One tidbit Shadyac shares in the review is that Charles Darwin's The Descent of Man mentions "love" 95 times and "survival of fittest" just twice.

I say let's keep evolving!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I'm sure your feet will thank you. Even on a budget.

Robin said...

The movie looks fabulous. Definitely something I'd like to see.

I have not seen any of his other movies that were named. I don't do stupid humor. It truly surprises me that the same person that made those movies is making this one.

It's a good surprise.