Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Last Last Day

Today was Jack's very last day of elementary school, and this is a picture of the very last time he will come home on a school bus. He'll be a walker in junior high and high school.

I have such mixed feelings about Jack moving on. I'm excited for him, but then I unexpectedly teared up as the sixth graders sang together for the last time in the end of year celebration in the school gym this morning. And I've been a bit emotional ever since.

I'm looking forward to knowing seventh-grade Jack, but I'm already missing sixth-grade Jack. He was pretty darn cool.

3 comments:

Kazzy said...

That was me last year. It was kindof tough, but ended up being liberating. ;)

Uncle John said...

Congratulations to Jack for "graduating" to junior high!
And, congratulations to Margy for bearing up!

Robin said...

I've been lucky to love each stage my children have been in, but there are those moments that tug at my heart. It's not that I wish them to be little again, I'd just like a little of that tender, innocent time back.

I guess that's what grandkids are for. Luckily, that's probably not too far off for me.

Enjoy the summer with your new junior high schooler.