Monday, May 09, 2011

From Foul to Fowl

Today was a strange day from start to finish. I had something on my mind that kept me up late last night and got me up too early this morning, so maybe I saw everything through the lens of five hours of sleep. Or maybe it was the pouring rain we had for much of the day. Or maybe it was that I accidentally ended up stranded at home without a key for the car we borrowed while our Jeep is in the shop (thanks, Aunt Carol, for the emergency ride to Jack's school when we discovered we were keyless this morning!).

Here's just one odd example: After Roger got home and the weather looked more stable, I bundled up in my winter coat (May 9th!) and went for a long walk. Near the halfway point I thought I heard turkeys gobbling. I looked around, and sure enough there were turkeys wandering in someone's side yard. After I crossed Hobble Creek, I looked up and saw four chickens sauntering across the road, taking their sweet time, stopping traffic.

Yes, it was a strange day today.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Turkey and chicken? Sounds like dinner. Yum!

NIblet said...

As I read this I kept picturing one of our fave books, Wacky Wednesday.