Monday, March 21, 2011

Huh

So, completely out of the blue I got offered a job today. I actually think I might take it, but I'm going to sleep on it first, because, well, it was completely out of the blue.

Here's why I'm leaning toward taking it:
  1. It involves something I believe in, and I might really be able to make a difference in the world.
  2. I would be given fairly free reign to design the program I'd be responsible for. Very little micro-managing from above.
  3. It involves developing relationships with a variety of non-profit organizations and connecting people with their services, which sounds like satisfying work.
  4. It involves teaching without grading.
  5. The pay isn't awesome, but it is respectable.
  6. It is a highly flexible job, which would enable me to work more during the school year and less during the summer.
  7. It's a part-time job, so I can continue teaching classes at UVU without being stretched too thin.
  8. It could easily lead to new and unexpected opportunities in the future.
You never know what might happen when you wake up in the morning.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I'm feeling a lot of excitement in this post. I hope everything aligns in a way that improves your life and brings you joy.

Good luck with the decision (and transition if you go ahead with it).

Scott said...

That's awesome! Good news is coming up everywhere-- I start my new job next week.

shelley said...

Cool! Teaching without grading sounds sublime. Can't wait to hear more!

Jim Layton said...

"Teaching without grading" -- love it!