Friday, February 11, 2011

Am I a TEDster Now?


I am basking in the after glow of attending my first live TED event at BYU this afternoon. I've been a TED fan for years and have enjoyed watching many of the speakers online at the TED.com website. What an awesome new dimension the TEDx concept is!

As someone who believes in the TED mission of spreading good ideas, I liked everything about it. The organizers did a fabulous job, from keeping things running smoothly to selecting inspiring speakers to serving amazing refreshments. Seriously. Fabulous.

Here's just a smattering of what I reveled in:

Innovation and social entrepreneurship. Seeing things in new and often counterintuitive ways. Making unexpected connections. Building relationships. Designing simple, elegant solutions. Honoring the dignity of every human being. Trusting and being trusted. Being bold, not reckless. Believing we are all on the same team.

TEDsters are definitely my kind of people.

3 comments:

Jon Ogden said...

Wow, I don't know how I missed hearing about this. I'm gonna gear up for the next one!

Anonymous said...

Lovely day - still trying to form words for the thoughts: filled, energized, excited, optimistic, blessed . . .

Robin said...

It sounds like an incredible day. I've never heard of this before. You are very good at finding incredible things to partake of. Thanks again for sharing them.