Friday, February 25, 2011

Meeting Ashley

My nephew Tim, who is in graduate school in Boston (excuse me while I pause for a moment of pure envy), got married to Ashley last fall.

I haven't had a chance to meet Ashley in person yet, but am happy that she let me friend her on facebook sight unseen. Especially because today she posted a link to her new blog, in which she writes about her student budget dollar-a-day "splurges" designed to avoid true budget busting splurges. Her personality shines through, and I love the little glimpses of her Boston neighborhood.

What a fun way to get to know her before I meet her!

Plus there's this: I've put off getting a wedding present for Tim and Ashley (according to the "rules," I have a year, right?) because I want to pick something that will suit them. Even if it ends up being an impersonal gift card, I want it to be a gift card for a store they'd really like to shop at. Her blog is going to give me all sorts of ideas!

1 comment:

Robin said...

It's fun to see all the ways the internet allows us to connect and form new relationships. What a great example.