Monday, February 07, 2011

Alarming

I typically have my alarm set for about 8:00 a.m. It's basically a safety net just in case I don't wake up by then. I usually beat it by at least five minutes.

Yeah. I'm not a morning person.

Last night, though, I set my alarm for 6:00 a.m. I needed a couple of extra hours this morning to get some work done.

(Feel free to read between the lines and come to the correct conclusion that yes, I procrastinated, and so I had to pay the price.)

It's true that it's still dark at 6 a.m. this time of year. It's really true. Ugh.


4 comments:

Denise said...

8? How do you manage that and get Jack off to school? That's why you live in Utah, I guess, you don't need to anticipate early morning seminary. I am jealous. . .it's 5 for me! Tomorrow. And the day after. And. . .

Robin said...

My wake up times vary. Tomorrow I have one daughter who needs me to wake her at 4:00am so she can put in some extra homework time. Ugh. Luckily I get to go back to sleep for a couple hours afterward.

Did I mention it's after 1:00am now? Hm. Maybe it's time to get off the computer.

Margy said...

This year Jack doesn't start school until 9:00. Next year he'll have to be at school by 8:00. I'm already dreading that. I'm going to have to be much more disciplined about turning out the light at night. I've just been very, very spoiled the last 10 years.

Kazzy said...

If I sleep past 7 I feel like I have thrown my whole day. i wish I could sleep until 8 on Saturdays... :(