Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Potatoes

I've actually got a lot of out-of-the-ordinary things to report today.

I thought of writing about a discussion we had in class today that led to one student sharing ideas for how to fake a drug test that I had never heard of before. But I decided that wasn't the direction I wanted to take my post. TMI.

I thought of writing about meeting someone who turned out to be my sister-in-law's sister-in-law (she recognized my name). But other than writing that she was very nice and it was fun to meet her, there wasn't much else to tell.

I thought of writing about visiting my 80-something neighbor in rehab and watching her do some serious leg presses with her new knee. But not much else to say other than we had a pleasant visit and I think she's awesome.

I thought of writing about the nerf gun Jack bought with some of his Christmas money and how I never knew they made nerf guns that use batteries. But really all I can say is that it's a pretty intense nerf gun.

At the end of the day, I decided to write about my first ever visit to Five Guys Burgers and Fries (I know!). Extra friendly service: check. Tasty burgers: check (even Jack gushed, which is very unusual). Peanuts in their shells to snack on while you wait for your order: check. Free soda refills: check. Fry sauce: check (A Utah specialty. Do they have it at Five Guys in other states?). Stacks of bags full of Idaho potatoes everywhere: check. The freshest tasting french fries ever: check.

A new go-to place for our whole family: check.

4 comments:

TJL said...

Five Guys is the greatest burger place ever, but to answer your question, to my dismay I recently found out that Five Guys in other states (at least on the east coast) do not have fry sauce.

Robin said...

That's a full day!

Good to know about Five Guys. We'll have to check it out. I'm always up for a good fry.

Maryann said...

Argentina has something very similar to fry sauce called Salsa golf: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salsa_golf
It would appear that Utah and Argentina are the only ones though! Dare I start a debate on who invented it first?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fry_sauce
Looks like Utah had a thousand island dressing fry sauce predecessor in 1900, but didn't invent actual fry sauce until 1948, whereas an Argentine Nobel laureate came up with it in the 1920s. Hmm...

Kazzy said...

I was secretly hoping the 80-year old in rehab was a juicier story (think Lindsay Lohan).