Thursday, February 24, 2011

Accessory Impaired

I am generally accessory impaired.

Except for my wedding rings on my left hand, a friendship ring on my right, and (yes!) a toe ring that I always wear, I rarely wear jewelry. Maybe the odd bracelet or string of pearls. And once in a while I try to get earrings through the disappearing holes in my ears. I don't even own any belts.


Accessories never feel quite right on me.

Lately I've been a bit envious of the scarves my friends wear. They look so hip. Like maybe they've just come home from a weekend in Paris.

I want to look hip and like I've just come home from Paris. So I bought a scarf and I wore it for the first time today.

I'm afraid I am still just as accessory impaired as I've always been. Even after doing a bunch of research online, I couldn't figure out a way to tie it that didn't make me feel extra voluminous or make my collar go all wiggy, so I just let it hang around my neck. It didn't really make me feel hip.

Maybe what I really need is to actually go to Paris for the weekend.

2 comments:

Robin said...

So funny that you would write about this today. I noticed your scarf tonight at book club. I was going to tell you how much I liked it but never got to it.

I did notice you playing with it a little bit, but it didn't seem like you were uncomfortable at all. I think you wore it better than you think.

Teresa Jordan said...

I think you should go to Paris....and take me with you!