Thursday, February 17, 2011

Judy's House, Joe's Luggage

Earlier tonight I picked up my friend Emolyn under the rising full moon and it followed us all the way to our friend Judy's house for book club.

I've never been to Judy's house before! What a pleasant place to spend a few hours with interesting women discussing Major Pettigrew's Last Stand (which I recommend) and catching up on all of their various adventures.

The fat full moon reminded me of a favorite scene from Joe vs. the Volcano in which Joe is lost at sea, floating on steamer trunks he's lashed together. Basking in the company of good friends and intelligent conversation reminded me to be thankful, like Joe, for my life.

3 comments:

Robin said...

I don't think I ever saw that movie, but that scene is powerful. If only we could have those moments more often and with fewer crises.

Great choice.

shelley said...

Gotta love that moon, and that luggage!

Midge said...

One of my favorite movies. Also, I loved Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. Sounds like a great evening.