Sunday, February 06, 2011

So Fine

Every Christmas for the last three years, Roger has treated me to a new set of these oh-so-very-satisfying-to-write-with pens to help ease the pain of grading papers.

I broke out this year's brand new pack for a marathon grading session this weekend.

Using bright colors helps make writing things like "comma splice" and "keep verb tense consistent" and "simplify your wording" a little easier. I hope the bright colors make reading things like that a little easier when I give the papers back tomorrow.

Back to work now. I think I'm going to pick orange next.

4 comments:

Robin said...

That sounds like a great tradition. I'm glad you have some fun with your grading. I'm sure it helps ease the pain when it's in purple.

My favorite pen is the Zebra, fine point, black. I love the way it writes. Plus, it doesn't cost a fortune.

Have fun with your pens.

Kazzy said...

A great idea to keep things interesting. What a good husband. :)

Jim Layton said...

I write a lot of "verb tense consistent" notes. Maybe I need a broader range of colors, too.

Julie said...

Since grading papers is one of my least favorite tasks as a teacher (it ranks slightly higher than being a human shield between a hitting/kicking/biting student and the rest of the class) I find that using pens in whimsical colors makes the task less onerous. I rotate through the colors in rainbow order on a daily basis so my gradebook looks like a pretty rainbow.