Sunday, April 01, 2012

The Magic Bus

I recently booked my plane tickets for a cousin's wedding in D.C. in May and was talking to Roger about relying on public transportation rather than renting a car while I'm there.

"There's a bus I can take from BWI to the city," I said.

"Is that the Magic Bus?" asked Jack.

Oh, the Magic Bus. A solo trip from Paris to London to rejoin my group when I was on study abroad.


You know when you see someone board a bus or a train or a plane and you think, "Ooh, please don't sit by me," and inevitably they do? (I think it might be that karma thing.)

In this case I spent hours and hours next to a chain-smoking, extremely talkative drama teacher from Canada wearing a kilt that rode a little too high on his thighs.

Oh, oh, the Magic Bus.

1 comment:

Jim Layton said...

Yes, you certainly can take the bus from BWI. I've done it to and from; it runs frequently from Metro to the airport terminal. But the MARC train is easier, though you have to take a shuttle to the station. I've done that a lot more times.

While in DC, simply use Capital Bikeshare: http://www.capitalbikeshare.com/