Friday, April 27, 2012

Powder Blue

It looks like prom season has begun back east: more than one high school friend has posted pictures of their kids all dressed up on facebook.

I went to my senior prom with my friend Jim. I actually asked him to go with me months in advance because I was finishing up school in January, working for a couple of months to earn money, then heading to Europe for a couple of months with a Eurail pass and list of friends and family to visit (boy, I sure love my parents for letting me head off solo at 17!). I'd be coming home just in time for prom and graduation, and I didn't want to risk not being asked. 


It was awfully nice of him to go with me. Thanks, Jim! You looked great in that powder blue top hat and tux! And I'm sure loving my wrist corsage, Bermuda bag, and Farrah Fawcett wings.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Awesome photo! And the top hat just polishes it off so beautifully.