Thursday, April 26, 2012

Le Petit Déjeuner

We met at Sharon's house for book club tonight, and we sat out on her back porch as we talked and talked and talked. A front came through and it got a little chilly. Sharon whipped us up some hot chocolate. Amazing hot chocolate that her husband had just brought home from France. Délicieux.

We stayed in a youth hostel called Le d'Artagnan when I was on study abroad in Paris the summer after my freshman year in college. The cafeteria was on the main floor. Every morning for breakfast I had a bowl of the same delicious hot chocolate we had tonight along with a small baguette smothered in butter and strawberry jam. Parfait.

1 comment:

Robin said...

It sounds yummy. Can you imagine having that same breakfast every day now?

I was sorry to miss book club. It sounds like I missed yummy treats, too. At Sharon's, of course they were yummy. I'll be at the next book club, though. I hope to see you there.