Saturday, April 28, 2012

Music Man

Jack's band teacher has asked him to move to alto sax for band next year, and he's already recruited Jack for the jazz band the following year. So (shhh, don't tell Jack), we've got a used alto sax we found online winging it's way to us from Indiana, which of course reminds me of that song from The Music Man.

"There is just one place that can light my face--Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana, not Louisiana, Paris, France, New York or Rome!"

I was in exactly one musical in high school--yes, The Music Man. This is the only picture I have from our performance. I think I must be in the back row. I was just in the chorus, which was fine with me--all of the fun and very little of the stress.


I sewed a long yellow dress for it, and some of my friends in the chorus and I worked in a couple of cartwheels during one of the songs while everyone whooped and hollered. It was our big moment!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations to Jack for doing so well. I'm sure he'll love the sax.

And I'll be humming Gary, Indiana for the next few hours. Music is a powerful thing.

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.