Thursday, April 05, 2012

Honeymoon and Stars

A friend and I went up to Salt Lake City tonight to watch a live performance of Radiolab at the Capitol Theater. The show was all about light and dark. Each audience member was given a little disk battery and a tiny lightbulb that we were to put together and hold up at a certain point during the show.

When we did we were suddenly plunged into a sea of stars.

The spring before Roger and I got married, I attended a conference at the Cliff Lodge at Snowbird. One of my favorite memories was having the rooftop pool all to myself after dinner. I floated on my back in complete silence under the starry night sky for a long time.

Roger and I decided the hotel would be a good place to go between our wedding on Tuesday and our reception on Saturday. But it was impossible to recreate the magic of that spring night. The hotel (including the rooftop pool) was full of ecologists there for meetings. Lots and lots of earthy ecologists.

We escaped the crowded rooftop, but no worries. We managed to find a bit of heaven anyway :).

No comments: