Monday, August 29, 2011

A Good Day

Well, my summer is officially over. I'm back to business. All sorts of projects took me all sorts of directions today.
  • I've got two new classes full of English 1010 students! We got off to a great start, and I think we'll have a good dynamic with both groups.
  • My transition skills program proposal for my work at the jail was approved and I worked on some of the details for that, including doing some research at a local bank. One thing I learned about is a service called check systems that banks use to check up on potential account holders to make sure they don't owe another bank for overdrawn funds.
  • I dropped in to see a key person in the community to discuss the possibility of turning the old city building into a temporary art exhibit before it gets torn down next spring. He was very enthusiastic, and not just because he's an enthusiastic guy. I'm that much closer to being convinced it's an opportunity we shouldn't miss.
  • I set up an appointment with the curator of the Alcott collection at BYU to finalize the items they will lend us for our Alcott show at the Springville Museum of Art which opens September 10.
  • I did four loads of laundry. The last load is still sitting in the dryer, so I guess it's not technically done. I still need to fold it all and put it away. But I'm too worn out.

1 comment:

Kazzy said...

You are a serious rock star. I mean it. Filling your life up with things that matter.