Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Love

Today was extraordinarily uneventful. I was a bit under the weather, so I just laid low and got some work done on my computer and did some reading.

And so I turned to Google to help me find something new. I found this site: LSNED (Learn Something New Every Day). I scrolled down until I found this post, in which I learned:

"
In tennis scoring, love means zero. This is believed to come from the French word l’oeuf, for egg. The egg shape signifies a round zero, just as they say “goose-egg” in American baseball."

Who knew? Or should I say qui savait?

1 comment:

Robin said...

Now I just need to find a way to work this into my next fine dining dinner conversation.

Wait, I don't have any fine dining. Guess I'll just spit it out sometime to try to look smart.