Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Or Not

Disclaimer: I don't want this post to discourage anyone from donating blood. It really wasn't a horrible or painful experience. It was just sad that I couldn't follow through on my donation.

And, so, the story is that I went to give blood and the needle didn't go in quite right. After a minute or so, the blood stopped filling the bag and started leaking out inside my arm. Several people came to help, and when they saw my arm, they each said, "Oh. OH!"

They gave me ice packs. I don't think the bruising will be too bad.

2 comments:

Robin said...

The last time I gave blood she spent a long time working on getting the needle in and then finally had to ask the other girl to try. I got a nice bruise, but at least they finally got it working.

I hope you heal quickly.

Uncle John said...

I take too many meds to give but they'd probably never find a vain anyhow. Even the nurse has trouble each time I go for my quarterly blood test.

Hope the bruise fades fast!