Thursday, August 04, 2011

Home, Home on the Range

After a very nice visit with my aunt and uncle in Boulder, Colorado, this morning, Jack and I headed west on the last leg of our trip and we are now safely home. (Well, I'm safely home. As soon as we unloaded the car, Jack ran off to a friend's house. We're going to go wrangle him in a few minutes).

It was a pretty run-of-the-mill drive home except for horrible construction traffic east of Vail that added an hour to our trip and a tense moment on I-70 just after crossing into Utah in which we came across an antelope in the middle of the highway. There was a car just ahead of us in the other lane, and the antelope zig zagged the center line trying to figure out which way it could go. It finally leapt off the highway by the other car, which had slowed to almost a stop in the shoulder.

Yes, so glad we are safely home. Especially with dear Roger.

2 comments:

NIblet said...

NIce to be home, yes! I remember that stretch of road because the girls and I encountered a long stretch of cones sending us to the wrong side of the road. But it went on a long time, and we came around a curve and suddenly I started panicking... there were no cars in front, I was on my own interpreting just exactly which lane to be in, and since I was over on the WRONG side of the road, it felt incredibly scary! Finally some cars came toward me, over to the FAR left, and I was indeed in the correct, make-shift, lane. WHEW!!

Robin said...

We hit a bunch of construction on the way home from our trip, too. It was much more painful on the way home than on the way out because we were so eager to be home. Glad you made it through okay.

And I can honestly say I've never had an antelope on the road anywhere near me. That's a cool adventure.