Saturday, August 06, 2011

Happy Ending

We really don't go to movies very often! Jack turned 12 in May and tonight was the first time we had to buy him an adult ticket.

The final Harry Potter movie. We wanted to see it all together so we had to wait until after our trip. Loved it. Especially loved grown-up Ron at the end being all sentimental sending his daughter off to Hogwarts.

But another happy ending happened later in the evening. We were back in Springville when Jack realized that his wallet had fallen out of his pocket, probably at the theater. And so we drove back. The manager couldn't have been nicer, luckily the next movie hadn't started yet, and--accio wallet!--Jack found it intact underneath his seat.

2 comments:

Uncle John said...

Good movie and two happy endings.

Jack; I had the same thing happen to me as a teen. I discovered my wallet had fallen out of my pocket at a movie in NYC. They let me go back in and it was right there under my seat. Ever since I am a very compulsive wallet-checker-upper.

Robin said...

Sounds like a happy ending indeed.

I had mixed emotions at the final movie. Lots of things were different from the book, but they were okay. I had a feeling of satisfaction knowing the series was complete (I like finishing things). But I also had a twinge of sadness knowing there wouldn't be anymore.