Thursday, August 11, 2011

Always Wear a Helmet

In all the years I've enjoyed the Hobble Creek Canyon bike path, I've never actually biked it. Until today. I even made a point of tackling the big hill after crossing the road at the golf course. I tried taking a picture of it from the top, but it doesn't look as steep as it really is.


There are a few obvious differences between running or walking the path and biking it. On a bike I covered more ground in less time, it was much harder going up hills, and it was much easier coming down them.

What surprised me, though, was how often I was whacked in the head by giant dragonflies. That never happens when I'm on foot.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Okay, totally not where I thought you were going with this post.

My uncle rides in the canyon. He's been hit by a car twice. His helmet saved his life. Wear a helmet!