Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bound Together

My brother is free of the body that tortured him his whole life, especially in these last months.

But because we are inextricably linked forever, Robbie, you will never be free of the little sister who tortured you.

I will remember you every time I stuff every color of gumball in my mouth until I’m chewing a big old gray wad as loudly as I can. I will remember you every time I improvise and don’t sing a song the way it was meant to be sung as loudly as I can. I will remember you every time I win a game of Monopoly and flaunt it as loudly as I can.

Did you know that the first big word I learned was “provoke”? As in, “Margy, don’t provoke your brother!”

No, dear Robbie, you will never be free of me!

4 comments:

CHERRANNE said...

XOXOX

Denise said...

Love that binding together. I'm with Cherranne. . .long distance hugs. And maybe a virtual casserole. Okay, so just warm thoughts and prayers for now. I also like to envision their entry into heaven. . .with all the vitality and personality they had before earthly challenges pulled them down.

Robin said...

Such a beautiful tribute. Thank you for sharing a little bit of your brother with us.

Kazzy said...

**like**