Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Clean

Today I picked up a copy of my driver license record (MVR) for the background check application I'm working on for a new job.

I am pleased to report the following:

No citations on record
No arrests on record
No department actions on record

The MVR only goes back three years for citations. According to the helpful man behind the counter at the Driver's License Division, the last citation I have on record was a speeding ticket in 2003. I remember that day. I was rushing to get to a nursing home to do a good deed (um, karma?!) and was going 35 in a 25 mph zone near the high school (important note: I was not driving in a school zone). School had just gotten out so the police were eagle-eyed. The officer said that he wouldn't have given me a ticket if it hadn't been recently raining, which made the road wet. Sheesh.

What was not on my record was the speeding ticket I got at Devil's Tower National Monument in Wyoming in 2007. Be warned that the moment you drive into the park, the speed limit drops to 25 mph. I got caught doing 40 (which seemed so slow after the 75 mph speed limit on the road to the park). While the very pleasant park ranger wrote up my ticket, I read the park newspaper we were given at the entrance gate. The lead story was all about the high number of wild animals that had been killed by speeding cars, thus the painfully low speed limit. Thank heavens the pleasant park ranger pulled me over before I had a chance to run over any of the hundreds of prairie dogs we saw there.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I've never had a ticket. My husband hates me for this. Probably other stuff, too.

Glad you're clean now. I feel much better about knowing you now that I know you're not a hardened criminal.