Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Duck Was My Favorite

Here's one of the reasons I like Facebook: Last night one of my Facebook friends (an old work acquaintance) posted about today's performances of Peter and the Wolf at symphony hall. I checked the Utah Symphony website and discovered he was the narrator! I immediately pitched the idea of attending to Roger and Jack, who couldn't resist my enthusiasm even if they wanted to, and booked three tickets for the 12:30 performance.

We thoroughly enjoyed the show, both the symphony and the ballet. We had second row seats way on one side, and because we were so close to the stage, which was just above eye level, some of our view was obscured by the scenery. We couldn't see the conductor, much of the orchestra, or the narrator, but it turned out that we had absolutely perfect seats for the arrival of the wolf!

The sassy duck, though, was my favorite. So sad she got eaten.


1 comment:

Robin said...

Great shot of Jack.

I have never seen the real Peter and the Wolf, but the I love the Disney version. Does that count for anything?