Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This One Dates Me


So here's how old I am. Diet Coke was not launched until 1982, after I graduated from high school

My drink of choice when I was a teenager was Tab, which I still enjoy from time to time. Every time I buy it, someone says, "I didn't know they made that anymore!"

I once heard a deejay on the radio speculate that they haven't actually made Tab since 1972, they're just still trying to empty the warehouse.

My friend Janine was my best Tab drinking buddy. We worked together at the Great Road Pharmacy when I was in high school. One of our favorite things to do was drive to the Burlington Mall and hang out drinking Tab while we people watched. Living in style, we were.


4 comments:

Robin said...

Tab was my first soda addiction. Loved it! Thank you for the trip down memory lane. (I think your friend might be right about the warehouses.)

Janine said...

ah Margy you put a smile on my face :-) I love the comment about them still emptying the warehouse tee hee....remember all those cans on the floor in the back seat of my car? It didn't take much to entertain us at all

Anonymous said...

Just the logo make it cool. What are your thoughts on Sean Cassidy?

Margy said...

Sean Cassidy? Dreamy!