Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Doctor Love

Jack's throat was a mess this morning. Time to go to the doctor. And, yes, he got to enjoy his first throat culture. Strep confirmed. Antibiotics prescribed.

Just before Jack was born, I asked a few conscientious moms around the neighborhood who their pediatrician was. They all told me about the same doctor and how much they loved him.

Turns out the doctor was a guy I knew from the dorms my freshman year in college! The last time I saw him we were 18, and the main thing I remembered about him was that he dated the girl next door to me the first semester, broke up with her, and then dated the girl across the hall the second semester. Good times.

He wasn't really taking new patients, but because he knew me from way back he made an exception for Jack. We're very glad about that. My conscientious neighbors were right.

No comments: