Friday, February 03, 2012

Roads Not Taken

Jack got to go with Roger to work today as part of the 7th grade take your kid to work day. Lucky for Jack, one of the items on Roger's to do list was to deliver fliers to bookstores all over the Salt Lake Valley for the upcoming annual book collecting conference hosted by the BYU library. No surprise they came home with a stack of books!

I never had the chance to get a day off of school to go to work with my dad (which would have been ironic as he was a high school teacher), but I did get to go on a few field trips to explore various careers options. We also took a comprehensive career assessment test my junior or senior year. The top two jobs it recommended for me:

(1) funeral director
(2) being in charge of evacuating cities

Helping people meet death or helping them escape it. Does my destiny still await?

No comments: