Monday, February 06, 2012

This Close!

On the way home from class tonight, I was flipping radio stations, stopped on an old J. Geils Band song, and cranked it up. When I was in high school, J. Geils lived in the town next to ours. He used to bring his film into the pharmacy I worked at for processing.

I never saw the band perform in Massachusetts. But I did get to see them when I was a college student studying abroad in Paris during the summer of 1982. They were part of an all day outdoor music festival headlined by the Rolling Stones.


Yeah, yeah, it was fun seeing J. Geils, but I was this close to Mick Jagger!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I had no idea who you were talking about. I had to look them up on YouTube. Now I'll be singing "Centerfold" all night.

Good song, but somehow I still feel like I need to confess for liking it.