Monday, February 13, 2012

Logos

I just took a survey to give input on the three finalists for Provo's new logo design. (I know, I don't even live there, but doing the survey was the only way to see the designs. I'm a bit of a design junky.)

One of finalists reminded me a bit of this Novell logo that was unveiled the same day I gave the company notice in the mid 90s.


Leaving Novell marked the end of a nearly 10-year stint in the computer software industry. I had never meant to work in that industry. It just sort of happened. While I wouldn't have traded the experiences I had and all of the valuable things I learned, I never looked back when I left.

Novell's new logo was meant to revitalize the company, which had been struggling to find its way after buying WordPerfect. I took one look at how that expensive new logo fell totally flat in a full-page, black-and-white newspaper spread, and I knew I'd made the right choice.

No comments: