Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Putting It Off

A marathon day of teaching at the jail in the morning and at UVU in the evening with jam-packed hours and hours of grading in between. Truly, I brought it on myself by procrastinating.

When I was in college, I realized that the bathroom was never cleaner and my things were never more organized than in the days leading up to finals week. Anything but study! My roommate and I dubbed it constructive avoidance behavior.

Now I still procrastinate, but I no longer feel guilty enough to use the time productively. I'm much more inclined to hang out and read instead. Or catch up on all of the CSI episodes that have built up on the DVR. I like to think of it as "learning."

Is it too much of a stretch to call that instructive avoidance behavior?

No comments: