Friday, January 27, 2012

Stranded

Car troubles that left me stranded for a few unproductive hours earlier today reminded me of the time I drove my aunt and uncle's old Land Cruiser from Massachusetts to Illinois. They needed it transported, and I needed to start working my way across the country to get back to college in Utah at the end of the summer.

It was a grand adventure driving something that size. I loved owning the road. What I didn't love, though, was breaking down over and over along the way.

The truck was okay unless I stopped twice in a row without letting the engine run long enough in between stops. For example, if I parked to get something to eat at a rest area, then drove to the gas pumps, I'd have to wait an hour or so before I could get the engine started again. Turns out there was some sort of kink in the fuel line.

But the old Land Cruiser and I did make it!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I love watching the current events in your life spark memories from your past. I think it works that way most of the time for all of us, but we don't make note of the connections. It's fun to kind of watch yours happen.

And I'm glad someone rescued you.