Saturday, January 21, 2012

I Would Not Eat Them Here or There

We're getting our first really good snow of the season, which made our drive to Sportsman's Warehouse this evening a bit more adventurous. But we had to go to take advantage of a special, one-day discount for law enforcement personnel. (It still makes me laugh, by the way, to think I work for the sheriff!)

After we picked up the things we were after, we browsed a bit. I discovered they have quite a selection of food there, including freeze-dried eggs.

Once upon a time, long long ago, my dad made me eat freeze-dried eggs. I think we were testing them out before a camping trip. Oh. Ew. Even after all these years, I can still taste them when I think about it. They were especially nasty when I washed them down with grape juice. Ew. Ew.

I'm sure freeze-dried eggs have improved over the years, but I don't ever want to eat them again. Even with a special discount.

1 comment:

Kazzy said...

Didn't go and buy a gun? Didja? Didja?