Saturday, January 28, 2012

Getaway

My dad is in town, and he's hanging out with Jack while Roger and I run away for the night.

The first time Roger and I traveled together was for a quick trip to Las Vegas. No, we weren't eloping. In fact, we weren't even dating yet. But we were taking a scuba diving class together, and we were headed to Lake Mead to get certified.

Somehow we ended up staying at the Klondike Hotel at the far end of the strip. It was pretty cheap and rundown. I confess that I felt no guilt flinging my sandy wetsuit and all of my scuba gear around my bathroom to let them dry.

We're staying in a nicer place tonight. I'll probably keep the bathroom a bit tidier.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I'm glad you got a getaway. I hope it's a nice night for you.

I'm guessing there won't be any scuba diving tonight.