Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Being Wrong

My reach back to junior high school memories continues for a third day in a row. In class tonight I shared the following video with my students, then had them write a short personal essay about a time they were wrong about something.


As an example, I shared a story about the time I got into a big argument with my 8th grade science teacher. I remember so clearly that I was right and she was crazy. I was unwavering in my conviction.

I knew that if an object like a potato or a rock was broken into pieces, total surface area would decrease because the pieces would be smaller. I was so sure. And I was so wrong.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I almost didn't watch this because it seemed too long. I wanted to rapid-fire my way through the blogs I'm behind on. Instead, I decided to take a few minutes and give it a chance. I'm so glad I did. Thank you for sharing it.

Being wrong does not equal being bad. I've been working on teaching myself this for years. This helps.