Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Early Out


I decided that I needed to use my new scanner today, so I reached into a box of old papers and pulled this out at random: my schedule for my senior year of high school. I figured out that if I doubled up on English and PE, I could meet all of the requirements for graduation and graduate in January instead of June. My plan worked! (If you look carefully you can see that I'm signed up to go to the library every period spring semester.)

I generally remember that I enjoyed all of my classes that last fall, especially because as seniors we had the latitude to pick classes that interested us. But I only have a few specific memories. Like writing a final paper on Tolkien's The Hobbit for my British literature class and being told that I should have used more examples from the text to support my ideas. And getting a comment on one of my stories for creative writing that suggested I avoid using the words "a lot" and "really" all the time. Valuable comments that I still try to apply in my work. Really.

2 comments:

Uncle John said...

Yes, I remember back then you using those words really a lot. /:-~~~ LOL

Carolyn said...

Proud to be a graduate of ABRHS! Awesome schools!