Sunday, January 08, 2012

The Screamer

When I started grad school I took a job as an editorial assistant at an educational software company called Wicat Systems. I worked there off and on for about five years in a few different positions in a couple of different locations, including this very industrial former carpet warehouse. Eventually I became the manager of the documentation team.

Now that I think about it, I started working for the company shortly before I met Roger in 1985, and I left the company for the final time shortly after we got married in 1990.

Speaking of Roger, how could I have not married him after he and our friend Sally made this guy, affectionately known as The Screamer. I came into work one morning to find him hanging from the pipes over my cubicle, complete with a syphon tube and a can of Diet Coke strapped to his leg.

That's what I call courtship!

2 comments:

Uncle John said...

I think he (she or it?) is screaming what I would scream having leapt from a plane forgetting my parachute ... "Oh ..."
Never mind.
Whatever happened to the ... ah, thing? LOL

Robin said...

Now that's love.