Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Slug's Reward

I slept in a bit too late this morning to go running before it got too hot (okay, a lot too late). So I decided to put it off until later. But later it was still too hot (over 85 degrees with the sun beating down on me is too hot for a run in my book).

So I decided to push my run as late as possible. And since we are on the other side of the summer solstice and it is still one of the longest days of the year, I was able to push it pretty late.

I didn't set out until nearly 8:30. The temperature had dropped to 84, and the sun was so low in the sky it was no longer beating down on me.

Ooh, and a breeze had started to come up.

I ran and ran as the sun went down and daylight faded. As I ran the last leg of my route, I had a nice strong evening wind from the canyon at my back.

And then just as it began to get too dark for me to be out there on my own, I reached my home all welcoming with the lights on and my family there waiting for me.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

This gave me warm fuzzies :-)

shelley said...

I think about your procrastination policy often. Sometimes its not actually procrastination but just waiting for the opportune moment!

Robin said...

Sounds like a fabulous run. You know, if you HAVE to run.